A reliable Bluetooth wearable neck speaker can serve as an excellent alternative to the common headphones and headsets we see around. It isn’t everyone that’s used to wearing headphones, but this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy listening to your favorite music and podcasts.
Regardless of how popular they’re, headphones also come with their drawbacks. For some of them, such a downside is that they make you uncomfortable when worn for long hours, while for others, they fall off when you’re doing other things.
But by using Bluetooth wearable neck speakers, you will be able to liberate your ears and also monitor happenings in your surroundings while making & taking calls. Combining immersion and portability with the superior experience of top-quality volume, these devices will offer you a great reward for your money.
You no longer have to endure cords and earbuds, as they promise you comfort and enjoyment. Here are the 7 best Bluetooth wearable neck speakers.
Top Bluetooth Wearable Neck Speakers
Bose SoundWear Companion
Bose Corporation — throughout its many decades of existence — has built a solid reputation for designing elegant audio equipment with superior sound quality. Hence, the Bose SoundWear Companion, which occupies the top spot in this ranking, doesn’t disappoint in any way.
The overall design of this device makes users’ comfort and pleasure a priority that you’ll even find it easy to forget you’re wearing the gadget.
You can personalize this speaker using one of these form-fitting Companion Covers, which are sold in grey, blue, and plum. The accessories are made to perfectly fit and protect your speaker, ensuring it is more comfortable to wear.
They’re produced using soft, stretchable & moisture-resistant fabric. And though these accessories aren’t required and add around 10 per cent to your overall purchase, they are an excellent option to buy if you want to upgrade.
- 30-foot Bluetooth range
- 12-hr battery life
- Bose’s patented waveguide tech that provides accurate sound reproduction
- 3-button remote for control the speaker, in addition to a sophisticated mic for calls & digital assistant use
- 15-minute fast charge, delivering up to 2.5hrs of listening
- Weight, 259 grams (0.57 lb)
- Comfortable design with quality audio
Just as we’ve in any other Bose products, the audio quality is the most impressive aspect in the SoundWear Companion. Due to the upward-facing speaker design, a sound field is created enveloping you but not blocking out ambient sound. You will find this option handy when you’ve to stay aware of your environment while using the device.
The audio quality is crystal-clear, and the bass response is excellently deep, with clear mids & highs. This effect can be likened to hearing a live performance using vocals that seem to be coming from ear level as the bass surrounds you.
With this capability, this product has a clear edge over other kinds of personal listening devices. Apart from that, the included Bose connect app, compatible with both IOS and Android, makes it easy to switch between sources.
- Long battery life
- Great sound quality
- Phone feature works seamlessly
- The Bluetooth connection is stable
- Slightly bulky & heavy
The Bose SoundWear Companion is a cool device that can serve as a nifty Bluetooth wearable neck speaker if you can afford its high cost of $249.99.
With a press release on January 4, 2017, JBL launched its entry into the wearable speaker market, an event that coincided with the CES trade show held in Las Vegas, US. The JBL SoundGear was designed as a wearable targeted at users of VR headsets as well as apps.
It is produced using lightweight materials, making it very comfortable to wear. The SoundGear features rubber anti-slip material, which is added to ensure it stays stable. But it’s also wrapped in soft fabrics, ensuring that it won’t produce any irritating feeling when used frequently.
- Comfortable, lightweight design
- 6hrs of playtime per charge
- Dual-mic system with active noise cancellation
- Supports every major Bluetooth-enabled VR headset
JBL has built this product to be suitable for gamers and casual users. While the nature of the CES demo made it hard to review the overall sound quality, just like the other audio products from JBL, the SoundGear should come with quality features and fantastic sound quality.
The device can be paired with as many as 2 Bluetooth sources, bringing added versatility and mobility. With the dual-mics & noise-canceling tech, you can smoothly make phone calls with the speaker. Also, the VR compatibility will offer you an easy comfort upgrade as a headset-wearer.
- Dual-mic system with active noise cancellation
- 6hrs of playtime for a single charge
- Works with every major Bluetooth-enabled VR headset
- A bit expensive
Starting at $149.99, the JBL SoundGear is a fairly affordable wearable neck speaker that offers a range of premium features and specs, ideal for gamers and casual users.
LG TONE Studio
- Personal Surround Experience - combine immersion and portability with the true experience of high quality sound and rich volume.
- Real 3D Surround Sound - 4 strategically placed speakers designed to deliver the best in dimensional surround sound.
- Haptic User Experience - Wearable Bass maximizes the sense of immersion with special vibration speakers that engage your entire body in low bandwidth.
- Sound Designed by DTS - experience the first DTS-tuned wearable wireless device for "cinema-like" surround sound.
- Dual Play - connect two LG TONE Studio devices simultaneously to share the sound experience.
Coming right up is the LG TONE Studio, a device loaded with interesting features, making it an excellent fit for various purposes.
In designing the Tone Studio, LG ensured it is comfortable to wear on the neck. Thus, the product is portable and guarantees your comfort at all times.
- A 3.5mm auxiliary input jack
- Real 3D surround sound
- Tethered earbuds for discreet listening
- 6-hour battery life
- Weight, 125 g (4.4 oz.)
- Haptic feedback bass response
If you need a versatile listening solution, this product deserves your look-in. It comes with modest audio quality. Its design features downward-facing subwoofers, as well as a haptic feedback system, delivering low tones with a blend of audible sound & vibration, which is transmitted to you.
Though the bass response isn’t all that great, this device provides a satisfying overall effect, and it works spectacularly when it’s used with dedicated-to-sound content or when used with the simulated surround sound option. Also, you’ll find its field depth remarkable, providing you with a cool experience for movie audio & video gaming.
Furthermore, tethered earbuds are an excellent feature that offers you convenience. The Tone Studio comes with an auxiliary jack, making it easy to use with non-Bluetooth devices, and if you’ve more than one set, you can connect them at the same time to a single source, so you will be able to share the sound with a friend or a family member.
The only primary downside this device has is, it’s slightly heavy. However, that’s a compromise, which comes with owning a speaker that offers so many features.
- Portable & comfortable design, ideal to be worn on the neck
- Earbuds for your private listening
- Slightly heavy
- The earbuds and speaker both feature poor sound quality
The LG Tone Studio is a nice option that offers different fascinating features and is ideal for various uses.
Osten Design Bluetooth Headphones Speaker
- 【Headphones & Speaker 2 in 1】:Unique design to change your music listenning style.one button easily switch between 2 modes, without getting reach to your phone. Both modes comes with mic. Enjoy music or make phone calls hands free on the go.
- 【True 3D Stereo Sound】:Featured with 4 strategically placed speakers designed to deliver the best in dimensional surround sound. Advanced CSR 8645 chip and Bluetooth V4.1 technology create perfect balanced stereo sound.
- 【Neckband & Retractable Design】:Flexible and lightweight silicone neckband, bring you all day comfort. Retractable wire management keeps you away from mess,You could adjust the wire to the length you want,pull it again and it will shrink into the storage.
- 【Long Battery Life】:Plays for up to 10 hours off a single charge with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Bluetooth range: 33 feet. Besides,it can work with 2 Bluetooth devices simultaneously and reconnect the device automatically once they have been paired.
- 【IPX4 Sweatproof & 12-Month Warranty】:Sweat and weather resistant, with an IPX4 rating.Besides,Osten Design provides 12-month warranty and 7X24 hours customer service.Pls feel free to contact with us if you have any question.
The Osten Design is also one of the 7 best Bluetooth wearable neck speakers.
It is a hybrid device that has retractable earbuds, with a meticulous design, offering decent sound. It’s a bit broader than your regular neckband earphone, and the speakers are placed just below your ears on the neckband.
As for the neckband, it is designed using silicone, ensuring that it’s easy on your skin. Also, the earbuds are attached to the ends of the arms firmly, enabling you to pull them out whenever you choose to make your music private. On taking them off, the wires retract right back.
- Nice Bluetooth range
- Retractable earbuds
- Affordable pricing
- Separate track navigation buttons
- Over 10 hours of battery life
This device offers you a comprehensive set of buttons. While the commonly-used buttons are on the outside, the less frequently used ones are positioned towards the inside. This implies that the power button, play/pause button, speaker/earbud switch buttons, and call button all are distinct and positioned on the inside.
There are the track navigation buttons & volume buttons on the outside. You’ll find it very convenient that there are separate controls for these functions.
The Osten Design Bluetooth Headphones Speaker can wirelessly connect via Bluetooth v4.1 and can do so quickly, thus conserving charge. Its Bluetooth tech is multipoint, allowing 2 devices to connect at once, and it can play based on priority.
This product smoothly switches without dropping the connection, and its battery lasts over 10 hours for a single charge. This battery attains full charge in 3 hours.
As for its Bluetooth range, this spans 33ft on paper but overshot 40ft in line of sight. Since it’s sweat- and water-resistant, the speaker is perfect for sports and gym use. (Though the neckband will bounce up & down as you make quick movements.)
This unit sounds full & rich with all genres, and the bass is not only punchy but also full-bodied. You’d be able to feel the strong presence of low frequencies even when volumes are low. When supported by the robust bass, the vocals play clearly. Also, the highs don’t ever get harsh or sibilant.
Further, this speaker has a microphone for making calls, and its call quality is superb, with any ambient noise filtered out.
- Nice Bluetooth range
- Retractable earbuds
- Affordable pricing
- The neckband is not quite flexible
Overall, the Osten Design Bluetooth Headphones Speaker is a highly affordable option with a solid battery and some other interesting features.
Zulu Audio Wearable Bluetooth Speakers
- Two small speakers that attach to your clothing for a portable surround sound kind of experience (Speaker Weight: 3 oz. Dimensions: 1.83″ x 0.75″ x 1.83″)
- Uses magnets that clip together to stay firmly in place while you are running, biking, etc. Wear them on top of your shoulders for best sound quality! Meant for personal use, people directly near you can hear as well at max volumes
- Bluetooth: pairs with any Bluetooth enabled device for wireless audio streaming
- Battery Life: 4 hours at 75% volume; micro-USB charge cable included; built in lithium ion battery; be sure to fully charge before first use
- Microphone built in to answer phone calls
The Zulu Audio Wearable Bluetooth Speakers are a more affordable option, starting at only $39 .99.
The major highlight of this product is the design. Though virtually all the wearable speakers sold on the market currently make use of a rigid around-the-neck solid band, the Zulu Audio Wearable Bluetooth Speakers come with a lighter design, using just the cable to go around the neck.
The design shares a number of similarities with several of the short cable Bluetooth earbud designs, in which the cable runs around your neck for connecting both earbuds. But this Zulu’s device stands out of the pack thus: At each end of the cable, we’ve got a small wearable speaker that’s attached along with an innovatively designed magnetic clip.
The maker did a great job of fitting all of the hardware within the relatively small, light speaker housing.
Each of the small Bluetooth speakers features a circular magnetic clip on the backside, and to ensure they stay in place, you need to place the magnet on the inside of your jacket or shirt. According to different users, the speakers stay in place when doing any type of sporting activities, including working out, running, biking in the snow, etc.
If you’ve an active lifestyle, the Zulus are a much more practical option than their much bulkier counterparts above. However, you’ll sacrifice some sound quality. Still, the quality of sound is crisp, clear.
Since the heavier designs we reviewed above also offer superb sound quality, the specific device you will choose boils down to what you’ll be using it for.
If you’ll be outdoors, running, in the gym, or mountain biking, then this device is perfect for you due to its lightweight and being able to stay in place. But if you need speakers that have the best sound for listening to your favorite music while you lounge on the sofa, then you should opt for a product, such as the Bose SoundWear Companion.
Built with a rating of IPX4, the Zulu speakers are water-resistant, and the IPX4 rating is high enough to ensure they’re sweat-resistant and also enough for some drizzle.
As regards the battery life, it lasts up to 4 hours, though users have reported that 3 hours is more realistic.
- Comfortable and lightweight design
- Robust magnets
- Water-resistant, IPX4 rated
- Reasonable pricing
- Ingenious design
- Sound quality not so great
- Poor battery
If you’re shopping for a pair of speakers with a comfortable and lightweight, which is also cheap, the Zulu Audio Wearable Bluetooth device is an amazing option to check out.
Long Run Technologies Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- ✔ #1 RATED NECK SPEAKER IN 2020 - TOTALLY IMMERSIVE SURROUND STEREO SOUND EXPERIENCE! ✔ As seen on FOX, ABC, NBC and CBS News, this collar Bluetooth speaker is the hottest new thing to hit trending cities across America. It is compatible with any Bluetooth enabled device. Be the first one on your street to own this revolutionary new way of listening to music, and do it while paying WAY less than half the price of the big brand names.
- ✔ THE SAFEST WAY TO LISTEN TO MUSIC - BE ALERT TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS ✔ Ever wondered if it was safe to run, jog, or cycle while wearing earbuds or headphones? Well wonder no more. This neckband speaker allows you to enjoy your music without compromising your ability to hear important things that are going on around you. Always stay connected to the World around you, and be super cool while you do it!! Compatible with ALL smart phones, Tablets, Lap Tops, PC's, and ANY Bluetooth enabled device!
- ✔ LIGHTWEIGHT, COMFORTABLE AND WEARABLE DESIGN ✔ This body speaker is made with a super comfortable and extra functional layer of soft rubber on the base so you never have to worry about slippage or movement during your walks or workouts. Created with personal ergonomics in mind, once you put this band around your neck, you will barely feel like it is there at all. You get to comfortably enjoy crisp highs and super lows from the dual speaker system, producing full bodied stereo sound.
- ✔ AWESOME VERSATILITY WITH 3 IN 1 FUNCTIONALITY ✔ These speakers offer 3 different modes of usability. Stereo Bluetooth Mode, a TF/SD Card Slot, and Stereo FM Mode. All this and over 6 Watts of pure unadulterated power, in stereo, right under your ears! The built in microphone system allows you take those important calls when you are immersed in your music experience. The convenient button system on the side of the speaker gives you complete control over your music and your calls.
- ✔ READY FOR ANYTHING YOU WANT TO THROW AT IT ✔ This practically sized speaker is sweat and weather resistant, so there is no need to worry during your intense workouts. Perfect for studying, working biking, the gym, gaming, virtual reality, and can be placed on a table or stand at a party for all to enjoy. ★★★★★ BUY NOW WITH CONFIDENCE. This speaker is backed by a full money back guarantee. If you're not 100% satisfied, simply return your Speaker for a FULL REFUND.
The Long Run Technologies Portable Bluetooth Speaker shares many similarities with the Bose Soundwear Companion when it comes to design and style, but it’s unique in its own way.
These speakers feature a sturdy design, ergonomically curved to fit comfortably on the body. Compared with Bose, which is more flexible and can fit any neck size, the Long Run’s design is too sturdy. But the product doesn’t open up that much, and users that have thicker neck could find it difficult wearing them. Fortunately, the device has a skin-friendly base & its upper surface is fabric-sheathed.
- Lightweight design
- Stays comfortable over long hours of use
- 6hrs of playback on a single charge
- FM radio
- Loud & powerful SD card slot
The Long Run has all its controls placed along a single arm, including the multifunction play/pause button, the volume controls as well as the power button. They’re shaped similarly and positioned close to one another.
It can play music from 3 sources and features an in-built TF card slot, in addition to Bluetooth connectivity & an FM Radio. A separate control is available for selecting the FM mode.
The device has wireless connectivity, extending 33ft and holding strong during playback. Also, its speaker is sweat-resistant and water-resistant, making it suitable for you to work around the house.
The battery life lasts up to 6 hours of playback with just a single charge.
In its stereo speakers, the product packs 6 watts of power, and the resultant audio can scale into high volumes. It also competes favorably with the Bose unit (this is slightly quieter, though).
- Affordable pricing
- FM radio
- Balanced with good bass
- Loud & powerful SD card slot
- A bit inflexible
Starting at $39.97, the Long Run Technologies Portable Bluetooth Speaker is an affordable device that is water- and sweat-resistant with a robust battery.
Sony SRS-WS1 Wearable Neck Speaker
No products found.
The Sony SRS-WS1 is a recently released product, which is a bit different concept compared with the other devices already reviewed above since it’s specifically targeted at home users and so isn’t in any way mobile.
This device is built with fantastic features and capabilities for sharing sound from a TV or stereo. It has an ergonomic design that makes sure it stays comfortable on your ears for long hours.
- 7-hr battery life
- 3-hr charging time
- A 30-90ft range, based on your number of attached devices)
- Stand-alone transmitter
This unit produced 3 levels of vibration that you can choose from to enable bass response. However, there are only 2 speakers, and the sound quality is mediocre.
As it comes with a proprietary transmitter, you can’t make use of it on the move or connected to a mobile device unless you connect it through the 3.5-millimeter input jack that’s included in the package.
Due to the included charging stand, you can easily keep it ready for use. However, the feature is only suited for users in need of personal sound from their TV or PC.
- 7-hr battery life
- 3-hr charging time
- Stand-alone transmitter
- Poor sound quality
If you need a Bluetooth device with strong battery life, the Sony SRS-WS1 Wearable Neck Speaker is an excellent choice, though a bit costly.
Different Types of Wearable Speakers
Even though wearable speakers are in a small niche in the market, they cater to a very specific audience — users that want to have their favorite music and podcasts around every time with portability. Such kind of people include runners, cyclists, and those that work around the house and don’t have to worry about their music being public.
You’ll find these devices useful during scenarios when you need your playback device to be portable but also don’t want to be oblivious of happenings in your surroundings. For instance, cyclists have to be aware of other cyclists behind them, so they can avoid collisions.
But earphones often block out ambient sounds using their passive noise isolation tech, making wearable speakers the most viable option.
We have different types of wearable speakers, and some of them are explained as follows:
While we may have tried neckband headphones, neckband speakers are also cool. Neckband speakers are small stereo speakers, which are attached to either end of a neckband. The neckband will go around your neck, and the speakers will rest on your shoulder blades.
These headphones feature a comfortable design, making them easy to use, and they don’t need additional fastening. The only drawback of neckband speakers is that they could make the back of the neck uncomfortable when you sweat.
They also have hand retractable earbuds, which come handy when you want to make your music private. These devices are sold on the market by several brands.
Just like golf GPS watches, we also have wearable wrist-mounting speakers. They can be a tad cumbersome and could end up limiting your wrist movement. The devices aren’t recommended for runners also because their hands are moving constantly.
In spite of that, the speakers are a cool option for cyclists and users that go about their housework or yard work with their speakers on.
Bone Conduction Headphones
These devices are technically headphones but have identical uses as wearable headphones. Bone conduction headphones play audio without covering your ears.
The speakers in these headphones are placed on the bones close to your inner ear, creating resonance and conveying the audio almost naturally. The audio quality might not be all that great as their bass often remains on the light side.
What Are the Other Types of Wearable Speakers?
We’ve other kinds of wearable speakers, with one of them being a type strapped across the shoulders like a vest. Depending on the user and their physique, these devices may be comfortable.
In spite of that, the most accepted design is neckband speakers. Several of these wearable headphones come with retractable earbuds that you can use for making the audio private as and when required.
Other features are also offered that make them a convenient option, including sweat resistance as they’re primarily preferred by athletes or users that have an active lifestyle. The majority of neckband speakers are also Bluetooth-enabled, which helps them resist wire tangling during an activity.
To rate our 7 best Bluetooth wearable neck speakers, we considered a number of factors, which are outlined below:
Wearable speakers often sit with some small pressure points areas around the neck or on the face. This is why we tested to determine if they stay comfortable for long hours, and the level of comfort depended on low pressure on contact points as well as amount of wires.
Typically, wearable speakers don’t come from name brands, which is why buyers tend to doubt their durability. Thus, we ensured they were thoroughly tested for everyday use, focusing on things like use while wearing them & then going about with them with and without their cases.
Wearable speakers still stay niche due to the fact that they’ve not offered great sound quality as of yet. Still, the devices have witnessed huge improvements in comparison with the earlier models and now feature an array of exciting capabilities designed to dazzle users.
Audio device type
While the majority of the wearable speakers come in different types, in this review we’ve primarily focused on neckband speakers as the title of this post suggests and since they’re the most convenient for users to wear.
The budget is another factor we took into consideration in this rating of the 7 best Bluetooth wearable neck speakers. We selected the wearables from across a wide price range and feel that irrespective of your budget, it is essential you get the maximum value for your money.
The 7 best Bluetooth wearable neck speakers include Bose SoundWear Companion; JBL SoundGear; LG TONE Studio; Osten Design Bluetooth Headphones Speaker; and 3 others.
These products come with a variety of features and capabilities, offering you unrivaled comfort and pleasure while wearing them.
Irrespective of their level of popularity, headphones also have their drawbacks. For some of them, such a downside is that they make you uncomfortable when worn for long hours, but for others, they fall off when you’re doing other things.
However, by getting one of the Bluetooth wearable neck speakers reviewed above, you’ll be able to liberate your ears and keep tabs on happenings within your vicinity while making & taking calls.
Integrating immersion and portability with the superb experience of rich volume, these audio devices will give you a high value for your money.