If you’re an audiophile who loves gaming, you’ll invest in a premium pair of headphones. That is because playing your favorite gaming titles with a robust pair of headsets give you a heavenly feeling, making the experience astounding and riveting.
Founded in Germany in 1945, Sennheiser is among the big names on the headphone market. That is why today’s post is centered on drawing a comparison between 7 of the best Sennheiser headphones for gaming.
These products are perfect to pair with your gaming console, and it doesn’t matter if you are playing football titles, FPS, RPG, adventures; these products will take your gaming experience to the next level.
While Sennheiser isn’t the cheapest brand on the headphone market, it’s an investment that’s worth every penny spent. They are durable if you handle them with care. Apart from being ideal for gaming, a number of headsets are versatile, which means they are suitable for other activities as well.
Because they don’t come cheap, ensure that you read through the reviews of real buyers online carefully. This will help you find the most suitable pair for your gaming. Let’s cut to the chase and take a look at the 7 best Sennheiser headphones for gaming.
Top 7 Headphones by Sennheiser for Gaming
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Taking the top spot is the redesigned HD280 Pro — a product that simply delivers on several levels.
In designing this headset, the manufacturer pays rapt attention to your comfort. Hence, the lightweight earphone cups come nicely complemented with thick plush padding.
Also, you’ll love the fact that there are 2 different pads on the headband, rather than the one-piece design, which is the traditional option. This kind of design on the HD280 Pro ensures head pressure is minimized even better, compared with the original headphone model.
With the closed-ear design, there are modest noise cancellation properties. Further, the big earcups & over-ear nature enable extra padding, which eases the ear pressure. This is an essential feature that comes handy if you’re using the headphones for long periods.
Apart from these, you will also appreciate the gadget’s high-quality plastic construction. Though the headphones may be plastic, it has a very robust frame. With the collapsible design, you can take them with you to different places.
- Excellent padding placement
- Durable construction
- ¼” stereo adapter included
- Balanced sound
- Affordable pricing
- Non-detachable cable
- Swiveling earphone cups
This product offers a frequency response that lies in the region, 8-25,000Hz, good enough for any gaming headphones, consumer-grade headphones, or professional studio headphones. And that also far exceeds the generally accepted range of human hearing.
As regards the sound quality, the frequency response stays even and neutral throughout. We feel the sound quality should appeal even to some bass heads. The device provides nothing overpowering and offers enough definition, which high-pitched instruments, such as tin whistles and flutes, are clearly heard in pop, jazz, rock, blues, among other genres.
They may not be the best for classical music auditions, and that’s mainly due to their extra noise cancellation option. The higher frequencies are well-represented, as shown by their great performance with games, songs as well as movies.
- Non-detachable cable
- Durable construction
- Not ideal for classical music auditions
The HD280 Pro’s price lies in the affordable pricing segment, starting at $99.95. It is perfect for your gaming. However, it is also ideal to listen to music, podcast, etc.
Sennheiser HD598 SR
The Sennheiser HD598 SR is a pricier option, starting at $299.95. By the time you go through its features and capabilities, you would see it’s worth the high cost.
One of the highlights of this device is the superior level of comfort it provides. The leatherette headband offers lots of padding, even though it could seem slightly scarce.
The foam quality efficiently reduces the pressure on the head, and the same assertion can be made of the padding on the earphone cups.
- Low distortion
- Rugged construction
- Premium, high-grade padding & materials
- Very comfortable
- A Mic included
- Average durability at that price point
- Detachable cables (two cables included)
The majority of gamers and users, who wear headphones for music at home, aren’t eagle-eyed audiophiles. Thus, they may not nitpick on the intricacies like they regard the fit & comfort of a headphone for prolonged use.
And that’s not unreasonable.
Comfort is essential, and it shouldn’t be compromised on for any reason unless we’re looking at professional headphone use for live podcasts, gigs, video editing, recordings, and mixing.
For this reason, the HD598 SR, which is an older Sennheiser headset model, is awesome. They feature open-back and closed-back formats, meaning that you will be able to enjoy the same comfort as everyone else and, at the same time, you will also be able to choose the pair best suited for your style and taste in music.
The 2 designs are wired and come with the same set of cables, which are 9.8’ and 3.9’ long. And of course, the cables can be detached, so you don’t have to worry about clutter, range, or storage.
Apparently, the sound will come out somewhat differently, based on the design. But if you choose the open-back model, you can get a more wide-open sound.
On the other part of the divide, the closed-back format offers you more noise cancellation and also enhances a deeper sound projection. Apart from that, the latter design works seamlessly for mixing as well.
The two models have a small price difference. At 23 ohms, the closed-back HD598 Pro headphones come with the lowest impedance. But the open-back version is rated at 50-ohm impedance.
This could be a bit less friendly to the driving device.
However, with the majority of headphones made by Sennheiser, you will no doubt benefit from a dedicated headphone amp.
Expectedly, the 2 versions come with the same frequency response range, which is 10Hz – 28,000Hz. Both also have a feature for making and receiving calls.
- 1 Mic included
- Very comfortable design
- Premium, high-grade padding & materials
- Rugged construction
- Average durability at that price point
If you are shopping for a top-quality gaming headset with a range of premium features, the Sennheiser HD598 SR is a cool option to check out!
Sennheiser GSP 600
- CLOSED ACOUSTIC GAMING HEADSET - The closed acoustic design and ergonomic ear pads designed for the best acoustic seal makes for excellent passive noise cancelation.
- PROPRIETARY SPEAKER SYSTEM - Our advanced technology and proprietary transducers deliver competitive edge-boosting acoustic performance, with exceptional aural clarity.
- FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC - A broadcast-quality, noise-cancelling microphone cuts out breathing and background noise with a convenient flip-to-mute feature. The sturdy, microphone with flexible boom arm adjusts for best voice pick up position.
- ADJUSTABLE COMFORT - The padded headband features an adjustable pressure function for customizable fit. A solid metal hinge joint automatically angles the ear cups and the dual-material ear pads keeps the ears cool, provides passive noise attenuation and ensures comfort through long gaming sessions.
- HIGH COMPATIBILITY - Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One and other consoles with 3.5 mm jack input (some Xbox One controllers may require Xbox One Stereo headset adapter, sold separately).
The Sennheiser GSP 600 is an excellent choice for owners of PS4 or Xbox One console.
The headphones feature a very futuristic design, fitting the current trend of headsets, which produce a gaming vibe. Also, the color palette perfectly matches the headset, combining impressively with the microphone’s design & shape.
As regards the build, this product has a very solid build, including a closed-back. This enables gamers to enjoy an immersive gaming experience, without the need to worry about the sound leaking to the environment or any interference with hearing due to external noises.
- Comfortable and futuristic design
- Robust build
- Compatible with PS4 and Xbox consoles
The GSP 600s come with high noise-canceling technology and can display clear audio via their speakers. These are complemented with a substantial level of bass. The sound is of premium quality, and the mic delivers a great sound, too.
The bass in these headphones lets in-game sounds to be accordingly captured without canceling out each other. This is a feature that enables the quality of sound to be enhanced.
The headphone jack of this product is the standard 3.5-millimeter version, making it a perfect choice for users that are console gamers, due to its compatibility with PS4 controllers.
But if you own an Xbox console, you might have to buy a special adapter to make the headphone work with your console. More on that shortly.
- Has excellent audio quality, both from the speakers & the mic
- The headphone’s solid build allows the device to be worn for long hours without resulting in head fatigue
- The ear cup fabric helps avoid constant sweating
- At times, the mic feels too short, particularly if you compare it with the option in other headsets from Sennheiser’s rival brands
- Its price is slightly on the high side in comparison with the other gaming headphones
The Sennheiser GSP 600 is an awesome choice for you if you own a PS4 or Xbox One console. The device offers you a robust build that allows a gamer to stay aware of their surroundings in any shooter game and provides them with an immersive feeling in the stadium ambiance of any sports game.
Though it’s slightly too heavy for certain users, most times, the build compensates for this issue, providing you with very comfortable features, which let them use the headphone for hours at a time without noticing any fatigue.
Sennheiser GSP 300
- CLOSED ACOUSTIC GAMING HEADSET – The GSP 300 closed acoustic gaming headset with XL memory foam pads create a comfortable acoustic seal and lets you focus on your game with an immersive audio experience.
- EPOS ENGINEERED AUDIO - Engineered to deliver the audio cues needed for faster in-game reactions, high quality audio enhances to your gaming experience and performance.
- BEST ”ALL ROUND” GAMING HEADSET – A high quality gaming headset, the GSP 300 delivers the bass-heavy sound for an immersive experience, and the crisp, clear audio needed for team communication during intensive play.
- MICROPHONE WITH LIFT-TO-MUTE BOOM ARM - The flexible boom arm allows you to adjust the microphone for best voice pick-up positioning. The microphone mutes automatically when you raise the boom arm.
- INTUITIVE VOLUME CONTROL – An integrated volume wheel on the right ear cup of the headset allows for quick adjustments while gaming. There is no need to switch out of your game to adjust the loudness of your game audio.
The Sennheiser GSP 300 Gaming Headset is our budget pick for you as a console gamer, starting at $69.99.
Though the device is slightly too big, the model is perfectly fitting for the build. That the volume control is positioned on the right ear cup compliments your overall gaming experience with the headphones. Further, you’ll find the aesthetics of your headphone pleasing.
Concerning build, the GSP 300, just like the 600 series, features a closed-back build that helps to prevent external noise interference and offers gamers a more immersive feeling. Also, the device is very solidly built, with a nice appeal.
- Comfortable design
- Has a closed-back build that helps to prevent external noise interference
- Solid build
- The cable is long enough
While the overall sound/audio quality of this headphone is superb, some gamers could feel that the volume needs to be higher. Though other headsets & headphones can have a very loud sound, somehow the GSP 300 falls below the mark here. Unless playing video games at a very high volume is wont for you, it isn’t something to worry about.
Additionally, the volume issue also slightly translates into the device’s bass, as a number of wearers prefer their bass volume to be deafening. Nonetheless, the bass sound is spectacular and will help you, as a gamer, in picking up on most sounds, even when playing demanding first-person shooters (FPS).
One of the highlights of the GSP 300 is its top-notch wired connection, and the length is long enough, too, enabling you to sit comfortably far away from the TV set, without the need to worry about stretching your cord too much.
- Great sound/audio quality
- A retractable mic enables easy muting of the device.
- Ensures your ears stays ventilated while also superbly canceling environmental sounds
- Feels comfortable to wear, even for hours at a time
- It can sometimes produce a small “cracking” sound when you move around with the headphone
- It can’t be set to very high volumes
At $69.99, the affordable price of the Sennheiser GSP 300 is one of its highlights, which makes it one of the best choices for gamers on the headphone market with budget constraints. The majority of headsets, which cost less than $100 tend to be lacking a handful of essential features, but such isn’t observed in the GSP 300.
These headphones are perfect for your console gaming, but Xbox users will have to use an adapter. This is better explained in the subsequent section.
Sennheiser GAME ZERO Gaming Headset
- CLOSED BACK - Closed back design featuring tailored leatherette double layered memory-foam ear pads for the maximum acoustic seal to block outside noise
- XXL EARCUPS - Modern, lightweight yet robust design featuring XXL ear cups incorporating Sennheiser's model specific transducer technology delivering extreme sonic clarity
- NOISE-CANCELING MIC - Crystal clear conversations ensured with the professional quality noise-canceling microphone that automatically mutes when boom arm is raised
- FOLDABLE - Foldable design featuring a volume control located on the right ear cup with two cables included for multi platform compatibility
- VOLUME-CONTROL - A built-in volume control on the right ear cup of the Game Zero headset allows for on-the-fly adjustments. No need to switch out of your game to adjust the loudness of your game audio, the integrated volume wheel allows for quick finger-tip control while gaming
The Sennheiser GAME ZERO Gaming Headset is one of the 7 best Sennheiser headphones for gaming.
The product features a black-and-red color palette, which works remarkably aesthetically with its simple design. These headphones aren’t too fanciful but have an elegant look, elegant enough to take care of most needs of gamers.
The extra-large ear cups function as over-ear headphones, as well as a padded headband, giving you a great deal of comfort due to the way they help cut down on the pressure, normally generated on the ears with the majority of headphones.
You will find the volume control on the right ear cup, just like we’ve in the GSP series. Overall, the GAME ZERO has a very solid and can be carried around effortlessly, due to its folding capability.
- Professional look & performance
- Fantastic audio quality
- Comfortable design
As with the majority of headphones from Sennheiser, the GAME ZERO comes with superior sound quality, which is complemented by the availability of a closed-back on each of the ear cups.
Also, its audio quality is awesome as we’ve in similar higher-end Sennheiser headphones. Even the mic doesn’t fall below the mark as well.
If you need a headset built to deliver bass at an insane volume, this device might not be your best option. But if you are keen about buying a pair of headphones, which can produce enough bass to enable you to accurately distinguish sounds in-game, then we highly recommend the GAME ZERO model for you.
You might be required to purchase the Audio Adapter, highlighted below if you want these headphones for your PC or Mac, with only a single port for audio & mic. Nonetheless, the wires appear to be resistant, and the 2 jacks do their intended job well.
- The ear-cup fabric is comfortable, allowing the headset to be ideal for prolonged use
- Superb audio quality, massively aided by the closed-ear build & noise-canceling tech
- Professional look & performance
- Can be comfortably worn even if you use glasses while gaming
- The build is slightly too tight for the head sizes of some users
- Great for first-person video games, but they don’t offer quite a satisfying experience for titles in other genres
- The cables have lower quality than those from other Sennheiser products
The Sennheiser GAME ZERO Gaming Headset is a top choice for computer gamers that have a flair for FPS. The device offers you an immersive experience playing your favorite first-person shooters, complemented by the closed-back design that comes with the majority of Sennheiser products.
Ensure that you check out the connectivity of the headphones. Also, don’t forget that you might be required to buy a special adapter.
In some PCs and Macs, we might have various kinds of audio and mic input; hence, please read the section on adapters below to take care of this.
- Specially designed acoustic silk ensures precision damping over the entire frequency range and helps to reduce THD to an incredible 0.05 percent
- Improved frequency response is 10 39,500 Hertz ( 10 dB)
- Hand selected matched driver elements; Highly optimized magnet systems for minimum harmonic and inter modulation distortion
- High power neodymium magnets deliver maximum efficiency; 3.5 millimetre jack plug. Frequency response (Headphones):10 41000 Hz
- Lightweight aluminum voice coils for very fast transient response
If you’re an audiophile who is also a game freak, then the Sennheiser HD650 is one of the best Sennheiser headphones for gaming, which you can try out.
These headphones are designed with a long cable, whose length stands at 9.8 feet. They have a rugged design, and the long cable could slightly add to the overall weight of the device, but it’s detachable.
Thus, to make things easier for yourself, consider swapping it for something else. While we recommend that you make use of the stock cable for the most faithful reproduction, cable design does make an audible difference.
Additionally, the voice coils are produced using very lightweight aluminum that appears to enhance even further the response time as well as acoustic clarity. Also, they’re almost indestructible headphones that play loud, insofar as you’ve the right amplifier.
Talking about style, the device is at the okay level, nothing over the top. You’ll find the titanium-silver finish well-polished, still maintaining that unique Sennheiser appeal. Not only is it simple but also elegant and efficient.
As with all kinds of headphones, comfort is an important factor for every user of these Sennheiser products. The padding is soft on the skin but thick enough that it can reduce nearly all the pressure. Also, you’ll find the headband padding heavy on the sides, and that’s something you’d find most comfortable.
- Detachable cable
- Large earcups
- Massive THD reduction
- Premium drivers
- Need amplification to enjoy the best of these headphones
- Natural & clear sound across the spectrum
This gadget comes with an awesome frequency response, which is pegged at 10Hz – 41,000Hz made for tons of sparkle in the high frequencies. Still, it’s a superb product to own if you’re into music production or work as a part-time DJ.
Apart from that, you will find remarkable the total harmonic distortion, less than the typical 1 percent. These headphones are rated at 0.05 percent THD or less.
Also, the HD650s are professional headphones with a nominal impedance of 300 ohms. This means they’re harder to drive and provide lower loudness at the same volume level in comparison with lower-impedance & easier-to-drive headphones.
- Large earcups
- Massive THD reduction
- Premium drivers
- High cost
The Sennheiser is a great device for gaming but its cost is too high, which is why it is occupying the lower rungs on this ranking of the best Sennheiser headphones for gaming.
Sennheiser PC 373D
- Immerse yourself in the game with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
- Sennheiser Transducer Technology lets you hear every detail in the game
- Shape the sound to your gaming needs using the customizable surround sound software
- Breathable plush velvet ear pads keep your head cool during long gaming sessions. Cable length: 1,7m + 1,2m
- Professional noise-cancelling microphone provides crystal clear in game chat
The Sennheiser PC 373D is the last option in this compilation of the 7 best Sennheiser headphones for gaming.
This headset comes with a great aesthetic design, and its colors blend in impressively together, complimenting the robust build quality. The product appears to be designed especially for gamers.
Its build quality is no doubt among the most powerful features the headset brings to the table. You’ll find that its sturdiness matches some of the top products on the headphone market, showcasing the ingenuity of Sennheiser better than a number of their rivals.
Though these headphones can deliver high-quality audio, whether they do so or not depends almost completely on the quality of your laptop’s or PC’s sound card. You shouldn’t have any issues getting the best out of the headset if you’ve a high-end sound card. Apart from that, they emit a fantastic surround sound.
Because the bass isn’t as good as we’ve in other Sennheiser headphones, it is one of the drawbacks of the PC 373D. But they still manage to do a solid job. If you require a pair of headphones from the maker, which can deliver clear sounds with heavy bass, you could check out other Sennheiser products instead.
As regards connection, the connectivity from this headset is the major feature that makes it perfect for use with PCs. But they aren’t specifically designed for console gaming, as the product name seems to suggest.
- Perfectly crafted for PC gaming
- Excellent sound quality
- Cool design
- Great microphone audio, allowing friends and fellow players to hear you clearly when talking in-game
- The bass is set to the best volume for gaming
- Not compatible with Mac
- Its installation process is a tad annoying
- The Dolby audio is below the expected quality from the 7.1 version
The PC 373D, while not necessarily better sound than the GAME ZERO model, still provides you with nice sound quality. It is made especially for PC game players.
- Combo Audio Adaptor: 2 x 3,5mm Stereo jack plug to 1 x 3,5mm 4Pol jack plug
- All Sennheiser’s PC gaming headsets with 2 plugs (microphone & audio) can also be used on PS4 and consoles with 3.5 mm jack input
- Xbox One users will also need the Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter in addition to the PCV 05.
- Suitable for: PC 2 CHAT, PC 3 CHAT, PC 100, PC 11, PC 121, PC 131, PC 141, PC 151, PC 21-II, PC 230, PC 31-II, PC 300 GAME, PC 310, PC 320, PC 323D, PC 330, PC 333D, PC 350 (SE), PC 360, PC 363D, GAME ZERO, GAME ONE.
This is a special adapter, which will enable you to turn “Audio and Mic” connectors into a single jack. This will allow them to connect to your Xbox and PS4 controllers without encountering any problems.
In some headphones on the market, you’ll find two separate connectors, particularly the ones designed for multi-platform gaming. With this Sennheiser tool, you can instantly handle any connectivity issue that you might have with any of the headphones above.
Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter
- An Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter is already included with new stereo headsets designed for Xbox One. Just plug the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter that came with your headset into your controller and then connect the headset
- Most stereo gaming headsets with a 3.5mm audio jack (that use the CTIA plug standard) can get chat and stereo game audio directly through the Xbox One
- No need to connect anything to the console or TV/ receiver. A microphone is required for chat
- Legacy stereo gaming headsets for Xbox 360 can get game audio by connecting the legacy stereo headset to the back of the Xbox One console using the S/PDIF port, or to the TV/receiver with RCA cables ( just like on Xbox 360). Get chat audio by connecting the 2.5mm chat cable from your legacy stereo gaming headset to the adapter, using the included audio jack adapter cable. A microphone is required for chat
- Compatible with Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Windows 10
If you are an Xbox user, you might notice that some of your controllers require a special adapter to get the headphones above to properly connect and work. For this reason, we’ve included Microsoft’s adapter in this review of the top Sennheiser gaming headphones.
This will be of great help. However, you could get other adapters elsewhere online that is sold for cheaper, though this Microsoft’s option is your best bet as a safe investment, especially considering the fact that the console’s maker designs them.
Buying Guide for Sennheiser Headphones
We know that picking out the perfect pair of headphones to buy on Amazon is difficult since you have a slew of options all vying to get your attention. Several of them appear to offer identical features and capabilities, with only a handful of differences, and the prices are even in the same neighborhood.
So, how do you determine the products to choose from? This section will talk about tips to help you make an informed decision.
The first step is to make up your mind on your budget — how much you’re prepared to spend. Then, consider the special features you need. Finally, think about the kind of design and style you want to see in your headphones for gaming.
Having taken those 3 steps, it is time to find a pair of headphones that match your requirements and taste.
It’s often smarter to use this approach rather than simply comparing all the headphones you see on the market with one other. If you compare the products with your list of the features you want in a perfect pair of headsets, you will find it easy to decide if they’re okay enough.
This buying guide and review, we hope, will help you make a good decision to choose your favorite pair of headphones to buy for gaming on Amazon.
The next thing now is to answer the most commonly asked questions about Sennheiser headphones for gaming.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sennheiser Headphones for Gaming
Are Sennheiser Headphones great for gaming?
Yes, Sennheiser gaming headsets are a top choice for people that have a knack for playing games. They work spectacularly with your PS4, Xbox, PC, Mac, etc., offering an immersive gaming experience. They enhance the pleasure that comes with playing titles of any genres, including sports, FPS, RPG, and others. These headphones will keep your head cool, as they feature a comfortable design, with a quality microphone. The mic offers noise cancellation, enabling your team to hear you clearly.
Where is the production of Sennheiser Headphones done?
These products are manufactured in Ireland.
Why are Sennheiser Headphones Good for Gaming?
Sennheiser is among the big names on the headphone market, and they’ve been in the headphone industry for decades. The brand really knows their onions and has something for every buyer, whether they’re a casual listener a hard-core audiophile. The German company provides a wide variety of headphones and headsets, often used by professionals, such as music producers and musicians, who require quality products with a robust build.
The best 7 Sennheiser Headphones for gaming reviewed above have Bluetooth and noise isolation, which are also recommended for your everyday use, apart from playing games.
Do Sennheiser Headphones last long?
Yes, because they are built using materials of premium quality. Several of their headphones even come with replaceable parts, such as cables, enabling you to make use of them for long, long years.
Please Note: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it’s recommended that young people avoid listening to music at loud volumes via headphones for over 1 hour at a time.
The Sennheiser brand was established in Germany in 1945 as a privately held audio company, which specializes in the design & production of various high-fidelity products. These headphones, including mics, telephone accessories, as well as aviation headsets, for personal, professional & business uses.
The manufacturer is one of the best companies on the headphone market, which is why in this post, we have elucidated the design, features, pros, and cons of the 7 best Sennheiser headphones for gaming. You’ll find these products perfect to pair with your gaming console — including PS4 and Xbox — in addition to PC and Mac.
Whether your faves are football titles, FPS, RPG, adventure games, these Sennheiser products got your back and will take your gaming experience to the next level. While these products aren’t the cheapest on the headphone market, any of them is an investment worth every penny spent.
Lastly, we urge you to take some time and go through the reviews carefully on Amazon if you haven’t already done so; you could also watch any available YouTube video reviews on the Amazon site, to help you learn more about these products and what they offer you.